Re: How to start a Stored Procedure directly from Unix shell skript ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:48:04 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:05:20 +0000, NorwoodThree wrote:
>
> > Theres no way in hell command-line SQL Plus is going away anytime soon.
> > GUIs suck.
>
> Well, we shall see, shal we not?
>
> HJR
I think we can safely say that there will always, which means the forseeable future, have an access method for Korn, Perl, and other scripting languages.

Whether the name is SQL*Plus is a matter for marketing-types ... but it will be there.

Right now I am working in iSQL*Plus and I can't think of anything about it that is any more of a problem than is the Windows client implementation. It is a huge stretch from the elminiation of a separate Windows interface to the elimination of the entire ability to do command-line SQL.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 19:48:04 CST