Re: VMS - duplicating database

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:32:24 -0500

If you're talking about an Oracle database, then you would need to have Oracle installed on the other node.
You certainly have good backups of your database. Just retore on the new machine. Then you need about 30 seconds to get it going. Of course you'll probably have to define some logical names to reflect the new datafiles distribution on the new disks. That should be easily/quickly taken care of.
I suggest you contact the DBA on how to restore his/her database.

Installing the db software must be done first, for anything else than RMS

--

OpenVMS 7.2-1, Oracle 8.1.6.0

Syltrem
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site - en français)
To reply to myself directly, remove zulu from my address

a7234bb1.0303120930.40a5523e_at_posting.google.com...