Re: 8.1.7.4 Patch Set Question

From: Chuck <ccarson_at_echeeba.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:58:37 -0800

Norman Dunbar wrote:
> Chuckster wrote:
>

>>When installing the 8174 patch set, there are basically two stages: 1)
>>the stage done with the oracle installer, and 2) the stage composed of
>>several scripts and various SQL statements.
>>
>>My question is, does the first stage run any SQL scripts that anyone
>>knows of? I ask because if I apply the patch set to an oracle
>>installation that has yet to have a database created, do I need to run
>>the various scripts at a later time once a database has been created?
>>Or, should I wait until a database has been created before I apply the
>>patch set?
>>
>>Thx,
>>CC

>>==----------
>>   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>>-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers
>>=-----

> Hi Chuck,
>
> if you don't yet have any databases created then you don't have to run the
> scripts - which, if I remember correctly, are catalog.sql, catproc.sql etc.
> When you create a new database, you'll have to run these scripts anyway -
> so you'll be running the latest version.
>
> HTH
>
> Regards,
> Norman.

I am mainly concerned about the scripts pertaining to Intermedia and Label Security. They are located in 'upgrade' directories and seem to imply they are upgrading something as opposed to replacing the standard scripts.

There were also some steps done with system triggers disabled, some deletes and inserts and other misc. steps that would not get done to a new database being created.

Thanks for any input,
CC

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 13:58:37 CST