Re: Unable to Commit

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:59:41 -0800

Katarina Amender wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I hope there is some of you guys out there who can help me...
>
> I've got somtables and in them, some rows are about a year old or so.
> My problem is that i cant commit any changes....
> If I add a new row, I am able to do changes such as update and delete
> and commit is acceptable.
> For those older rows however, it is not possible....
>
> What can be the problem?? It beats me!
>
> Regards // Katarina

What is the result of:

SELECT trigger_name
FROM all_triggers
WHERE table_name = <your_table>;

If you are seeing only 02091 (and there is no 02092) that would indicate the transaction is being aborted at a remote site. Do you have a contact at that site?

I don't think OPI-08201 is an Oracle error message. At least it is not one recognized by metalink. What product are you using as your front-end for these transaction?

My suspicion is that a trigger on the table, or in the front-end, forbids changing older data.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 10:59:41 CST