Re: Archive Logs

From: Chuckster <chuckycarson_at_networkcloud.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:23:24 -0800

Christoph Bielitza wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a question. Is it correct, that I am not able to use
> archive logs with the Oracle 8.1.7 standard edition ?
> I tried to use the following parameters in the init.ora-file:
>
> log_archive_start = true
> log_archive_dest = "location=e:\redos"
> log_archive_format = %T%TS%S.ARC
>
> but if I restart the database nothing happens.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Bye
> Christoph

In addition to the init<sid>.ora changes you also need to start archiving within the database.

SVRMGRL> startup mount;
SVRMGRL> alter database archivelog;
SVRMGRL> alter database open;

This is a one time command, so future instance restarts will retain this setting.

Hope this helps,
CC

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 10:23:24 CST