Determine if 32-bit or 64-bit installed

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:28:36 -0000

Morning Paul,

I've not had too many problems with 64 bit, and our customers use it so we 'have to keep up' :o)

I've had two TARs that are 64 bit problems :

a random process hitting 100% of CPU on one of the processors (we have 4 on this box) but killing the entire database stone dead. This is a problem on 64 bit Oracle on 64 Bit HPUX only. That is sorted out with the 8174 patch.

and

the current TAR wherby I cannot use Oracle 817 to export from an Oracle 920 database. No errors, no codes, no nothing, just 'failed to write to export file'. I've discovered that my 918 exp and imp utilities are 32 bit - which *may* be a problem, but I'm waiting to hear back from support.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator