Re: INITRANS and MAXTRANS are confusing me?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: 12 Mar 2003 09:26:46 GMT

Following up on Richard Kuhler, 12 Mar 2003:

> Are you referring to "Relativity: An Introduction to Space-Time Physics"
> by Steve Adams? ;)

Close.

This one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/156592598X/ixora

> Sometimes I feel like Oracle is this complicated.

Ssshhhhhhh!!!!!!!! ;)

Actually, Steve's book explains Oracle locking in detail and provides a very simple explanation why row locks in Oracle never need to escalate. Highly recommended. I think Kyte's book also talks about this, but not into as much detail.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto