Re: Data Guard (zero data loss)

From: Timmy Sin <tswsin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:17:42 +0800

Thanks all for the information. I believe that "zero data loss" is required in some cases and data guard can achieve this functionally.

But, how about the performance? Will my online response be seriously affected (instead of a local disk operation to write the redo information, a remote update is required)?

Best regards,
Timmy

"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D :b4ilaa0seu_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> In article <3e6bb9a2$1_1_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com>, "Paul says...
> >
> >"Timmy Sin" <tswsin_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Does anyone have experience on the zero data loss feature with Data
Guard