Re: Moving a Oracle installation from one box to another.

From: Nick Palmer <nick_at_kcicorp.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:54:14 -0800

Its on Windows 2000 server system.

I think you are correct, since each Oracle instance is a service running on the system that has to get installed. Looks like I may have to re-create the instances by hand on the new box. Once I have the new instances created on the new box, can I just stop the service(and instance) and copy over the old data files, and then restart the instance ?