Re: Fine-Grained Auditing OCP Question

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 12:13:53 -0800

I think the main point the question was trying to make is that one uses FGA for "select" only. Therefore the first 3 choices are immediately eliminated.

Choice d is obviously qualified. In dbms_fga.add_policy, salary would be the audit_column, employee would be the object_name, and executive title would be in audit_condition.

Choice e is also possible - by extending choice d a little. In audit_condition, you check who the querying user is by using SYS_CONTEXT. For example, you can create a user group id fuction like:

create or replace function groupid return number as igrp number;
begin
select groupid into igrp from usergrp where username=sys_context('userenv','session_user'); return igrp;
end;

it looks up a user table called usergrp which identifies the querying user as internal or external. Assuming that for this case, 1 is internal and 2 is external, you can specify audit_condition as

groupid=2;

for the Internet users who you want to track. Internal users will fail the audit condition and will therefore not be audited.