Re: ORA-12560 on NT

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:02:35 +1100

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:37:56 +0200, Tanel Poder wrote:

>> Well, yes I did actually. Point being that if you do the uninstall using
>> the uninstaller (!), then you are left with some services hanging around
>> (old database ones, for example) but no tools with which to delete them.
>> Oradim, for example, gets removed as part of the uninstall. As does the
>> database creation assistant (which is used to remove databases and their
>> associated services).

> Hi,
>
> If you've uninstalled oradim, or it should fail removing services for some
> reason, a dirty way of getting rid of them is to erase relevant keys from
> registry, under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
> Just look for Oracle* keys under that. If you got multiple Oracle Homes,
> then before removing you can check the ImagePath variable under each key, to
> see in which oracle_home given service's executable lies.
>
> Tanel.

Thanks Tanel: I did mention in my original reply to our OP that in the event of being too eager to click the Uninstall option, it's time to get down and dirty with the registry (although I also mentioned that there are service uninstallers out there that are shareware, and which will do at least part of the job for you -you still have Oracle stuff in your registry after that, but that is frequently not a major drama if you are about to re-install very much along the same lines as your first install).

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 14:02:35 CST