Re: ORA-12560 on NT

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:37:56 +0200

> Well, yes I did actually. Point being that if you do the uninstall using
> the uninstaller (!), then you are left with some services hanging around
> (old database ones, for example) but no tools with which to delete them.
> Oradim, for example, gets removed as part of the uninstall. As does the
> database creation assistant (which is used to remove databases and their
> associated services).

Hi,

If you've uninstalled oradim, or it should fail removing services for some reason, a dirty way of getting rid of them is to erase relevant keys from registry, under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ Just look for Oracle* keys under that. If you got multiple Oracle Homes, then before removing you can check the ImagePath variable under each key, to see in which oracle_home given service's executable lies.

Tanel. Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 13:37:56 CST