Passing the Windows Memory Limits

From: Chuck <ccarson_at_echeeba.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:59:21 -0800

I keep hearing rumors of people using a full 4Gb of memory for Windows based Oracle databases, but cannot fidn any bonafide documentation.

I am mainly a UNIX guy but do have one Oracle 8.1.7 database running on W2K advanced server. We currently have the SGA set to 1.7Gb. I would love to bump this up to about 3Gb.

One other question; Under Windows, all oracle memory is under one process correct? Thus, all incoming database connections require memory from the 1.7Gb pool, correct? Is there anyway to prevent this behavior?

Thanks,
CC

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 11:59:21 CST