Re: Oracle versus MS Sqlserver 2000: Technical Comparison of the Features in the two databases

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:50:42 -0800

> <snipped>
>

> It's like generals: always ready to fight the last war, only better. Never
> the next, only right. Certification seems to me (batten down the hatches)
> showing how good you are in yesterday's technology.
>
> The industry moves too fast for certification to be anything other than a
> snapshot of abilities, and hence a testimony to the Way Things Were.
>
> <snipped>

Going to jump in and disagree again here Howard. And as you know I think the current industry certifications aren't worth the paper on which they have been printed: At least to those that study and pay for them.

Certifications could have value if they were perceived as being the same type of certification given to physicians, attorneys, and engineers. Instead they were created by companies as revenue sources and are intended only to add to the bottom line.

If certifications were viewed in the same light as those in other professions they would have the same value.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 10:50:42 CST