Moving a Oracle installation from one box to another.

From: Nick Palmer <nick_at_kcicorp.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:26:22 -0800

Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading one of our Oracle 8i boxes. I've got the new box, installed the OS and gotten everything ready for Oracle. So my question is, how do I move my Oracle instances from the old box to the new one ? Basically I want to duplicate the setup on the new box that I had on the old box.
What would the process to do this involve. It appears that if I install Oracle on the new box, then stop all the databases on my old box and copy over all the databases files as well as the config files, this will do it. Is this possible ?

Thanks.
Nick. Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 10:26:22 CST