How to start a Stored Procedure directly from Unix shell skript ?

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:45:27 +0100

Hello,

is there a way to start a *stored procedure* (not a SQL script) from a Unix *shell script* using SQL+.

I know the way how to start a SQL-Script from the shell, as documentation says:

   sqlplus user/pass @myscript [arg1 ...]

And inside this SQL-script you may say

   EXEC myPU ...

We tried it the same way with a PU, with no success ...

   sqlplus user/pass myPU
no way ...

   sqlplus user/pass exec myPU
no way ...

Is it possible at all ? I can hardly imagine that it is not ... I did RTFMing but did not find useful tips ...

(Oracle EE 8.1.7, AIX 4.3.3)

TIA Jan Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 09:45:27 CST