Looking for help using split mirror backups

From: Vince Laurent <eAddict_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:07:22 -0600

Well, we finally got the spit mirror part working OK yesterday. Now to work on the backup part of the system. Does anyone have good notes or know of a good SAP note dealing with Oracle spit mirror backups? Our environment is:

OS: HP UX 11.0
Oracle: 8.1.7.4
Backup: Omniback 3.5 (soon to be 5.x)
Servers involved: PRD (Production) and PSS (Production Support)

I'd like to get some information like:
How does PRD know that it is being backed up? PSS too? How do you handle archive logs?
How do you handle a restore?

Thanks!
Vince Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 08:07:22 CST