Re: Copying a database from one server to another

From: Peter Balthaus <peter.balthaus_at_tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:53:34 +0100

willy gates wrote:

> I can happily install oracle but what I would really like to do would
> be install just the oracle server software and then copy in all the
> database files from my OS backups.
> Will I be able to do this?

That's just what I do here. You have to stop the database, I do so at night by script and then copy the complete db-files to my emergency-server with the same os and instance installed.

In case of trouble it will take only a few minutes to start the secondary instance and reconfigure the client-software to connect the other server. All tested and working fine...

HTH Pedda Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 04:53:34 CST