Re: Oracle versus MS Sqlserver 2000: Technical Comparison of the Features in the two databases

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 09:12:13 GMT

Following up on Howard J. Rogers, 13 Mar 2003:

> If I were a DBA today, I'd be checking out jobs for Web Administrators
> tomorrow. And brushing up on my XML.

Hehehe! Is that why Oracle is offering the "masters" now? I mean, with the DBA job going "down the tubes", who the heck would want to even bother with certification... :)

But you're quite right. Thing is: I've been warning everyone *precisely* about this for years now. Here and all over the place. Any certification is worthless if the job isn't there to start with. Then again, it must be me.

Oracle is gonna have to do some very tricky jumping to get out of the hole they dug for themselves. What's gonna happen when thousands of small to medium customers out there who don't wanna pay Support's exorbitant rates find out there aren't ANY DBAs out there in the market?

Who's gonna run things then? India? Yeah, right! Oh no, that's right: the iron curtain dbas Oracle is hiring as "trainees"! Of course. Until the immigration mob finds out about yet another little racket...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto