Re: how synchronous is Oracle?

From: Uwe Kuechler <gg.3.ukuechle_at_spamgourmet.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 00:54:39 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.03.10.18.27.26.545417_at_yahoo.com.au>...
> > What I meant is: The very moment Txn a issues a commit and the data
> > gets written to disk, waits will occur when Txn b accesses this very
> > data.
>
> I hope you did NOT mean to say this, because as written, it's not true.
>
> Now maybe I've just misunderstood what you wrote, too. But then we need to
> do something about avoiding all these misunderstandings.

You're right in both places. In my opinion, the trouble is that some guys just want to get a simple answer to their question and get back an academic debate instead.
Yes, I've messed up the terminology a bit which wasn't helpful to that thread. Next time I will just answer "yes" and not "yes, because". Maybe that will help.

Regards
Uwe Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 02:54:39 CST