Re: Oracle2PostgreSQL Migration with PL/pgSQL

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:48:54 +0800

> > [...] and there are instead places where PITR is needed
> > thus PostgreSQL isn't yet an option.
>
> Ok, from my (very limited) experience I would agree that Oracle
> provides abundantly in the "Pain In The Rectum" department, but why
> would you actually *want* that?

Heaps of low-end Oracle users are switching to PostgreSQL all the time. They complained that the admin overhead for PostgreSQL was far too low. They missed having to create rollback segments and having queries fail when there wasn't enough segments, that they had to run in special partitions etc. Basically, it wasn't painful enough.

Hence, we will be adding extra Pain In The Rectum support in 7.4 :)

Chris Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 20:48:54 CST