Re: A proper FAQ - Wish fulfillment

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 00:43:19 GMT

Thanks for the list. It was overdue. Still, I'd append to point 3 something like

> 3. Phrase your post's title appropriately. "HELP" doesn't cut it. It's too
> vague, and forces people to read the content before being able to
> determine a reply. "Sever Process with Process ID 287548 is running in an
> infinite loop trying to update a table which comprises 38 extents of 2MB
> each on locally managed tablespace which is 6GB in size, made up of 3 2GB
> files on Solaris" is probably a bit stupid too: concision is king.

3 bis
  If you have an SQL related question, don't assume we know the relationship   between tables. Post 'create table t (...)' commands. Fill them with an   appropriate number of values ('insert into t values(...)'). Formulate   exactly what you expect. As always, make it as easy as possible for someone   to give an answer.

> 15. DBAs aren't universally male. So there are good gals too.

But undoubtly, they are much better at hiding themselves away :)

Rene Nyffenegger

--
  Projektleitung und Entwicklung in Oracle/C++/C# Projekten
  http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/cv.html