Re: how to installa Advanced Replication on 817server

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2003 09:44:20 -0800

In article <b4icl6$7rd$1$8302bc10_at_news.demon.co.uk>, "Alistair says...

>Hi
>
>I think that you may need to install the Oracle Enterprise Edition binaries
>bofore you can use the Advanced Replication option.
>Alistair

IIRC< you only need EE for multi-master replication. Master to read-only snapshot and I *believe* (check this one, I could be wrong), master to updatable snapshot can be done with SE.

Pete

>"news interbusiness" <ottix_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hallo,
>> I have to install this feature on a Standard Edition installation.
>> I use the OEE CDrom and Oracle Installer, but after installation has
>> finished
>> it doesn't seem to be installed.
>> In fact I type:
>>
>> select parameter,value from v$option;
>>
>> and I find
>> Advanced Replication = False
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>> T.I.A.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 11:44:20 CST