Re: Replication question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:32:47 -0800

Ton wrote:

> > > How often?
>
> Every hour
>
> > > How close to real time?
>
> 1 hour delay is fine
>
> > > How much data?
>
> Table is now +-20MB but wil increate. There are only ADD and update
> actions on the master table and Select operations on the Target table.
> I will not do a full refresh.
> > > How mission critical?
> Critial
>
> My biggest issue is that the tables on the 5 locations/databases have
> the same name and Schema username. So these 5 have to go to a central
> server every hour. Is it possible to send the the five named " A"
> tables from the different locations to the central server were they
> are named diffirently like A1, A2 ....... A5?

Any reason you couldn't do this with snapshot replication or have a trigger on each of the five tables just make the appropriate change across a database link?

There are more elegant and expensive ways ... but have you considered the simple ones?

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 10:32:47 CST