SQL Plus on Windows

From: steve <steve_at_spam.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:50:32 +0200

I've posted this also on comp.database.oracle

I saw James' posting on SQL Plus today and I have a similar issue but I'm using windows and Oracle 9.

My aim is to perform the following command and I think that SQL PLUS is the best option but I could be wrong:

    startup pfile=d:\orant\database\init.ora recover database;     alter database open.;

I open SQL PLus and it asks for a
User Name: SYS
Password: ******
Host String: dbname

Error: ORA-01034: Oracle not available

          ORA-27101: shared Memory realm does not exist

Firstly how was I suppose to say that I wanted to log on as sysdba? Secondly the database is shutdown so how do I log in with SQL PLUS? If it is not possible to log on to SQL Plus what is the best way to perform this command?

Can anyone help me with how to perform this command. Please explain well. Cause I'm very new to playing arround with Oracle.

thanks
Steve Moore Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 06:50:32 CST