Re: sysdba privileges and shutdown

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:38:29 +0200

Hi!

Consider them as special privileges which are granted either through passwordfile or OS user characteristics, depending on remote_login_passwordfile's value.

SYSOPER allows you to do tasks such are startup, shutdown, recover, etc.. SYSDBA allows all that SYSOPER can do, plus create database, recover until, also you get the sysdba and sysoper privileges with admin option, so you can grant those to others.

You can get the full list of privs provided by SYSDBA/OPER from docs.

You cant see them in system_privilege_map. You can query v$pwfile_users to see, to whom those privileges have been excplicitly granted (again, providing, that remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive).

Tanel.