Re: SQL Plus

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:57:30 +0200

Hi!

When instance is down, you can make new connection using sqlplus locally. You have to use a privileged user to be able to start up the instance. Of course you can not execute any queries before instance is started up.

For a note, it is possible to issue startup with sqlplus remotely as well, but only on this special condition when you have already logged on as sysdba/sysoper remotely, then shut down the instance, not disconnecting afterwards, then issuing startup. This is because the server process for the client still exists and is able to start up the whole instance. A dedicated server is needed for that, I believe.

Tanel.