Re: Backup software

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Mar 2003 21:18:48 -0800

"Huwy" <huw_at_bigbad.com> wrote in message news:<b472nb$9n2$1$8302bc10_at_news.demon.co.uk>...
> I'm looking to get some backup software for an Oracle v7 Server running on
> NT4.
> What's your recommendations??

Judging by the version, I'd say that you're running in noarchivelog mode.
Just use the Oracle Export utility and perform cold backups. For these you don't need any Oracle-aware backup software agent. You will have no point-in-time recovery options.

If you need more recovery options that importing the data into a newly built database, or restoring the last cold backup, upgrade to 8.1.7.4 or 9.2.0.2.

Paul Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 23:18:48 CST