Re: move datefiles (almost) online

From: Hermann Schlösser <hschloes_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 02:10:31 +0100

Hi Tanel,

> what matters, is the contents of
> file header and the relevant controlfile entry (checkpoint SCN in datafile
> header and stop SCN in controlfile entry).

I completely agree.
Please check out the first posting in this thread again.

The SCN of the copied file is from the time, when BEGIN BACKUP happens to a read-write-tablespace.

This is definitely different from the SCN at "alter tablespace readonly".

For this reason recovery cannot be omitted. If it could, no recovery action would have happened. But believe me, there was a lot. Even archived redo logs were fetched for the recovery.

have fun
Hermann Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 19:10:31 CST