Re: any website provide good backup and recovery ?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:29:21 +0200

Hi!

Based on half a minute I spent on reading "bulletproofing, backups, and disaster recovery scenarios", I'd say this information is outdated, incomplete and introduces some "non-bulletproof" practices, such as switching the logfile and waiting for 10 secs using sleep for archiver to complete instead of archive log current command or checking v$archived_log etc..

A backup and more importantly, recovery strategy should be very foolproof in addition to being bulletproof, which issuing a logswitch, waiting for any number of seconds, then assuming that online log is archived, definitely isn't.

So, if you don't want to downgrade your DB to 7.x and you don't want to lose your data (and job) in the future, forget about this site.

Tanel.

<76434.1353_at_compuserve.com> wrote in message news:3e6b9b1d.17572087_at_news.hccnet.nl...
> Good documentation:
>
> http://www.uaex.edu/srea/default.htm
>

> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 19:04:42 +0800, "CS" <wchuacs_at_pc.jaring.my> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is there any website which anyone of you have visited and those websites
are
> >best for us to recharge and enhance our skills on Oracle 8i Backup and
> >recovery ? I know Oracle Documentations are the best, and Oracle Press
Best