Re: moving one user schema out of system tablespace

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:18:15 +0200

Hi!

> you can move the object if you require using alter table <table> move ...
> and alter index indexname rebuild <tablespace_name>

Special attention is needed if your table is partitioned or has LOBs. For lobs, there is alter table move lob command for example.

I'd recomment alter table/index commands to move (small amounts of) data, because exporting/importing and playing around with quotas isn't very flexible way, especially if you have lobs, partitions or want to have different segments in different tablespaces.

Also, you might want to check what are your users' default (and temporary) tablespaces.

Tanel. Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 12:18:15 CST