Re: OHS Oracle HTTP Server

From: Sander Goudswaard <sander_at_example.com>
Date: 09 Mar 2003 13:51:13 GMT

tojo <Tojo_at_hotmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.18d2edc8303f9959896f9_at_news.t- online.de:
> Oracle has not moved to Apache 2 yet. I wish they would. They say the
> reason is that most of their customers are still on 1.3

Oracle's approach is different than that from e.g. Macromedia. Macromedia configures an existing and installed Apache; Oracle delivers a pre-compiled HTTP Server, that is based on ('powered by') Apache. Some modules have been precompiled; others are dynamically loaded.

Oracle customers do not get support on other builds of Apache; nor can they add custom modules to an Oracle installation to be fully supported. If there is added value for customers (and customers demand it) I am sure that Oracle will move to version 2 as well. Consider logging an enhancement request at http://ers.oracle.com (and give a proper justification).

Sander Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 07:51:13 CST