Re: loadjava doesn't work very well!

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 07:46:58 +0200

hayt wrote:
> Hi to all.
> Hi have a little problem trying to load a java package (the SonicMQ
> API) in Oracle with javaload. I've tried to do this with other classes
> or jar, without problem; but with Sonic API I'm in trouble.
> javaload says that it cannot resolve some classes that are in the jar
> I pass it, but otherwise it resolves many other classes in there. Then
> I don't understand...
> I've also noticed that many classes, when loaded into my db schema,
> are stored with a modified name (it seems it happens to all classes
> with a full qualified name longer than 30 characters): for instance,
> the class "progress.message.jclient.TopicConnectionFactory" is stored
> as "/49848796_TopicConnectionFacto". It's possible that this is the
> cause of my problems? But some classes like this are compiled by
> Oracle (this isn't).
> What can I do?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> P.S.: I'm running Oracle 8.1.7 on a SunOS 5.7

Can't help you much with the "loadjava" issue without some more details. But the "loadjava" utility does allow you to defer resolution of loaded classes so that they are only resolved when they are used for the first time. More details are available in the documentation.

You can use the "longname" function in the "dbms_java" package to retrieve the fully qualified name of the java class, example:

select

    DBMS_JAVA.LONGNAME(OBJECT_NAME)
from

    USER_OBJECTS
where

    OBJECT_TYPE like 'JAVA%'

Of-course, this is also detailed in the Oracle documentation.

[I know, you've already read it, you just forgot that part :-]

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Sat Mar 08 2003 - 23:46:58 CST