Re: SAME methodology opinions?

From: Bass Chorng <bchorng_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2003 16:53:42 -0800

yong321_at_yahoo.com (Yong Huang) wrote in message news:<b3cb12d6.0303051529.4a510537_at_posting.google.com>...
> I remember Steve Adams said he didn't quite agree with SAME but Anjo
> Kolk strongly proposed it.
>
> Look here: http://www.ixora.com.au/newsletter/2000_10.htm#same and
> http://www.ixora.com.au/q+a/0104/18192003.htm
>
> Yong Huang

  I am also a big fan of Steve Adams. He has talked about this in   2001 Oracle Openworld that SAME is one of the 7 deadly sins.

  However, my honest opinion is, if you do not have real load   challenge, go ahead use SAME, even with RAID 5. For most sites   this just work fine. Chances are that your NVRAM will cover all   your wrong doings.

  If you expect to have real load challenge, then do all the   home work and plan your IO. I have seen sites that can only   survive this way. Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 18:53:42 CST