Using dynamic PL/SQL in trigger.

From: Gary <gary4work_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2003 12:08:19 -0800

In my trigger, I have a code that generates a dynamic pl/sql block that contains the following:

"begin if :new.test_column is null then raise column_is null; end if; end;"

When I execute is code using the execute immediate command, I get an error because there is a bind variable expected.

Is there anyway to escape the ':' character so that this code will execute like normal pl/sql?

Thanks for any useful help. Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 14:08:19 CST