Re: Another curiosity . . .

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:06:35 +0100

Just ran into this yesterday too.
It's easy to check in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql. Normally the view is created, then a grant select is given and a public synonym is created.
It's there for user_tab_modifications, all_tab_modifications but the pubic synonym is missing for dba_tab_modifications. Just a little error of the Oracle guys.
And they know it. It's reported as bug 2643081 on 25-oct-2002 on V9.2.0.1, platform generic. No fix yet. The public synonym for dba_transformations seems to be missing too.

I see no problem in applying an easy workaround:

   create public synonym dba_tab_modifications for sys.dba_tab_modifications;

   create public synonym dba_transformations for sys.dba_transformations;

Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow> schreef in berichtnieuws 3clf6v0o3p4pg7qgk8507stmrt8kac5utr_at_4ax.com...