Re: SQL*Loader-704 ORA-12500 TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 17:54:12 GMT

First of all it is possible to specify the TRUNCATE option directly in the SQL*Loader control file, so, unless you have very special requirements, there is no need to truncate the table in a separate script. If data volumes are nearly constant over time, I strongly encourage you to use the truncate option instead of running two scripts.

Assuming you have such special requirements, the error you get may be caused by an authentication problem caused by the user specified in the task scheduler.
When you run the job in the morning, are you running it under the same account?

Bye,
Flavio