Re: performance problems after increasing redolog size

From: Rick Anderson <Richard.Anderson_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 11:18:09 GMT

"Bud Socks" <bud_socks_at_gmx.de> wrote in

> Now after the modification (4 members / 10MB each) the import takes
> more 24 hours.

Does this mean that each group has 4 *members*? Or, does this mean you have 4 *groups*?

(each group having 4 members would not be good in this configuration :-)

Also, a 10Mb logfile means the ARCH process will do 10 read I/Os and 10 write I/Os to archive each logfile. 20 I/Os cannot contribute to the increase in job duration...

Rick Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 05:18:09 CST