Re: SQL Statement Shutdown

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 20:28:51 +1100

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:25:30 +0000, Joel Garry wrote:

> Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message

>> Have never seen trouble with the good ole' unix scripts that do:
>>
>> shutdown abort
>> startup restrict
>> shutdown
>>
>> just before the offline backup...
>> the shutdown abort will just very effectievly kill off any user
>> sessions of people who "forget" to log off from their applications,
>> that do not have time-outs set in sql*net, etc, etc.
>
> My major complaint is that HJR did not say to do the second startup and
> shutdown.  He was quite explicit that the abort was sufficient.

Please don't lie. I said that shutdown abort wasn't intrinsically more dangerous than shutdown abort. Sufficient for what? I have no idea. I was addressing a comment that people shouldn't do shutdown abort except in an emergency because it was "dangerous". You were the one who decided to troll off into la-la land in response.

HJR Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 03:28:51 CST