Control files Restore?

From: James <james_at_nothing.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:27:24 +0200

Hi there
Again I'm asking questions!
The question comes when restoring a database from the datafiles and a hot backup to a new loctation and database name. The control files are confusing me.

Is it true that I can have 3 control files namely

c:\oracle\oradata\seven\CONTROL01.ctl
c:\oracle\oradata\seven\CONTROL02.ctl
c:\oracle\oradata\seven\CONTROL03.ctl

But when I do a trace I'll only have one control file namely c:\oracle\admin\seven\udump\seven_ora_1092.trc

Now when I'm restoring the database(with a new name) Where and which controlfile/s do I restore before I do the CREATE CONTROLFILE ........ Hope Someone can help
cheers
J Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 01:27:24 CST