Re: Intermedia Text - can't find libctxx8.dll !

From: Randy Nichols <r-nichols_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 00:25:28 GMT

I think I found the answer.

From another document (readmedoc.pdf from the Oracle8i install CD disk1\doc folder) it seems that the library file is called "oractxx8.dll" rather than libctxx8.dll . Not sure why documentation is different, perhaps one is for older version of InterMedia Text.

Additional install notes:

For some reason, when running the dr0inst script (as part of the documented procedure for enabling InterMedia Text option) from SQL*PLUS, it stopped prompting for the parameter (path to the file "oractxx8.dll"). But supplying the path as a command line parameter seemed to get things working.

Another crucial step was loading default preferences by running the "drdefus.sql" script (as documented). After that, I was able to create a simple full text index, and run a simple "contains" query.

-R. Nichols