Re: Oracle Management Server Discovery returns no databases

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 21:50:05 +1100

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 18:28:11 +0000, Saurabh Verma wrote:

> Oracle Management Server Discovery returns no databases from a node.
> For some reason when I turn off the agent, the discovery wizard
> disables the Manual option and I cannot even add the databases
> manually.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Saurabh

I answered this for someone else just yesterday (though it is always possible your circumstances will prove different). So you really ought to get into the habit of checking out www.google.com, and the groups archive there, before posting.

Short answer: check your listener.ora. The services you hope to administer need to be statically declared in the SID_LIST section of that file. When they are, restart the agent. Discovery should now work.

Regards
hjr Received on Thu Mar 06 2003 - 04:50:05 CST