mod_plsql alternatives

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:12:34 -0000

Hi Jeremy,

I've never tried DBPrism so I've got no comments on that !

I do have Apache and mod_plsql set up (from 817) and in use serving up the Oracle docs from 8.0, 8i and 9i to our developers as well as serving up a Web front end for our asset managements system 'wot I wrote'. I've got absolutely no idea on getting the best out of it - I made a couple of changes so that it listens on the default HTML port (80) and serves docs up from a different location, but apart from that (and changing to a 'non privileged' unix user) I've done nothing with it.

Our system is secured and the Webby stuff is internally viewable only, so our networking guys are happy with that.

Creating web pages is soooooooo simply with PL/SQL and best of all, my code is secured with the database :o)

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator