Re: Questions about Materialized View

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2003 18:19:25 -0800

Well, underneath, materialized view IS a table. As such, you can create indexes on it as you would with a table. You can look up user_mviews, if there is an entry with mview_name='myTable' then it is a materialized view. Every materialized view has 2 entries in the user_objects view - one has "MATERIALIZED VIEW" as the object_type, the other "TABLE". A regular table has only 1 "TABLE" object_type entry.