Re: looking for upgrade time estimate

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 02:00:57 +0200

Hi!

> 9i disk requirements are not substantially higher than 8i if you go
through,
> after the installation, and prune out the gigabytes of help, doc, sample,
demo,
> template, and other unnecessary files. Effectively everything with .zip,
.mov,
> .avi, .gif, .html, .pdf can go. And if you look at the google.com archives
> year or so back you will find some decent lists of other larger files that
can
> go as well. Personally I see no reason to even keep mos of what is in
> \rdbms\admin on a server ... it is nothing but a security hole.

Erm.. could you enlighten me, why keeping those files under rdbms/admin is a security hole?
They are the same in every copy of a specific release, so it doesn't matter where do I get them from, server's disk or OTN. Or is there some threatening information written by Oracle Installer?

Thanks,
Tanel. Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 18:00:57 CST