Questions about Materialized View

From: Bombadil <bombadil_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: 5 Mar 2003 13:28:00 -0800

Hi,

I am pretty new to Oracle :-)

How do I figure out if I am querying a regular table or a materialized view?
e.g.: SELECT myID FROM myTable ...

Is there any SQL command to tell if "myTable" is a regular table or a materialize view?

Can I create an index on any column of a materialized view like if it was a regular table?
e.g.: CREATE INDEX ...

Thanks in advance,
Bombadil. Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 15:28:00 CST