Restrict TOAD from accessing a DB?

From: E. Navarro <navaed7024_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2003 12:01:44 -0800

Oracle EE 8.1.7.4
Sun OS 5.7

All,

Does anyone know of a solution to prevent users from logging into a database with certain applications. In my case, I want to prevent users from logging into our production databases using TOAD.

I can monitor who is logging in and how they are logging in using OEM, but what I would like is to be alerted the second someone tries to log in using TOAD. Can this be done?

TIA,
Daniel N.
Oracle DBA Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 14:01:44 CST