SAME methodology opinions?

From: Tim Kearsley <tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk>
Date: 5 Mar 2003 07:38:38 -0800

Hi all,

I recently downloaded a document from Oracle Corporation which describes what they term as the "SAME" methodology, where "SAME" is an acronym for "Stripe And Mirror Everything". This is referring of course to optimising storage configuration.

Any opinions on SAME?

Bits of it sound useful but I'm less convinced by other bits.

Any experience of implementing a SAME configuration or opinions would be received with thanks and interest.

Best regards,

Tim Kearsley
Database Manager
Milton Keynes Council Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 09:38:38 CST