Re: I would like to know how experts look at this problem

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:47:50 +0100

Gregor wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Holger,
>
> But you are wrong. My client has decided to use Crystal Reports with
> drill-down functionality.

I can't comment on this, 'cause I never used Crystal Reports personally.

> Meaning that e.g.: a director gets only totals, but have to be able to 'zoom
> in' on some numbers, down to the lowest level. As crystal reports can only
> make use of one query per report, we need all the data.

Lacking own experience I have to take this as a fact, but I'm sure I saw a master detail record which are basically correlated queries, but this might be not the case for this drill down thingy.

> So they want an overview, but want to be able to zoom in on the details of
> one particular "region" and maybe even the numbers of one shop.
>
> But my question was: is half a million record per transaction to much for
> oracle with 10 concurrent users (and 10.000 records per transaction for 140
> concurrent users).

Depending on the size of your records, it might bring down the network, but besides that, no worries.

Regards,

Holger Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 09:47:50 CST