globally visible variables in plsql package stored procedures

From: Miquel Salvā <msalva_at_3digits.es>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:45:48 +0100

Hi,

I would like to know how to declare a variable in a plsql package so it's visible to all other procedures in that package, in order to assign a value in one procedure and be able to use it in other procedures.

If I declare the variable in the package body (not inside a procedure) it's visible to all the procedures of the package. But trying to read from some procedure the value I have assigned to a variable in another procedure always returns null.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Miquel Salvā
msalva_at_3digits.es Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 09:45:48 CST